Only have 15 minutes to cook dinner? No problem! Sometimes the best dishes are ones that are super quick and using those ingredients that you’ll always find in your cupboards. When I do my weekly food shop I always make sure I have a good amount of tinned beans and coconut milk at the ready, they come in handy for so many dishes, especially if you are in the mood for a curry. The perfect nutrituous meal and this one is 100% vegan so you can enjoy it even more!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 1 diced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- A scrunch of chilli flakes
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Dairy free soya yoghurt (optional)
- Start by cooking off your rice in a rice cooker or however you cook your rice!
- In a wok, drizzle your vegetable oil and heat up. Add in your onions and garlic and fry for a couple minutes.
- Add in all your spices along with the tomato puree and give it a mix. Fry off for another couple minutes.
- Add in your chickpeas and your coconut milk, stir and let simmer on a medium heat for ten minutes or until the coconut milk has reduced and thickened.
- Plate up with your rice and swirl in some dairy free yoghurt for coolness